Friday, July 24, 2015

About our other CVS social media sites

My name is Angie and I'm a Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS) sufferer. I've had the rare illness CVS since I was 14 years old I was diagnosed in 2008 at the age of 31. I was sitting at home one day thinking what I can do to help people with CVS even when I'm stuck at home unwell. The answer came via my computer as it's sometimes the only way for me to reach the outside world. 
I started a Facebook group in 2012 called ‘Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS) Support Group’ with the intention of using it for supporting people with CVS and adding CVS information to raisawareness. The group really took off and soon we had Thousands of members from all over the world. The members love the group and are so happy to find people who can relate to what they or their loved one has. We talk about all kinds of subjects like symptoms, medication, feelings, medical staff, hospital visitsraising awareness and lots more. We also offer support to each other when times are rough which has proved valuable to many members. I have made some amazing friends from within the group which have become more like family to me. We share stories of sadness and joy and we help one and other daily it’s amazing. I also started a Facebook sister page in 2012 called ‘Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome’ which has over 2000 likes from people worldwide. 
It is an information page where I add information, news article links, stories, posters and lots more. I also have a new awareness posters page called 'Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome - Awareness Posters' I started it in 2015 and it's dedicated to CVS awareness posters, a lot of which I make myself. 


Being an administrator of a large Facebook group and pages can be challenging at times but it's such a pleasure to do. I can help people like myself that suffer with CVS even when I can’t leave the house and that’s a blessing because I still feel like I'm doing something even when I'm stuck in bed. I try to add things to the group and pages when I'm well enough to and log in daily, but sometimes this can be hard to do as I'm unwell almost every day. 
I have also made a blog, a YouTube channel, a Instagram account, a google+ account, a Twitter feed and a CVS app. The links to all these are below. 

Together we can make a difference and raise awareness of CVS. 
RARE BUT NOT ALONE (Quote by Colleen Rice) 

by Angie Crooks - 2015 – England, UK  





No comments:

Post a Comment